RIFF Box eMMC activation
eMMC activation allows you to program eMMC (embedded Multi-Media Controller) on various brands and types of smart phones and tablets.
Also your Riff box support will be extended for a period of 1 year.
Here are some eMMC activation key features:
- direct eMMC Access Interface on the RIFFBOX RJ-45 port (check pinout picture for CMD, CLK, DAT0, etc. pins positions).
- eMMC/SD Access page for Read/Write operations on eMMC/SD card via direct interface
- eMMC/SD Advanced dialog which allows to perform advanced operations with eMMC/SD cards
- (reading info, browsing through OCR, CID, CSD (and EXT_CSD for eMMC only) registers’ fields, edit separate fields and writing back to card, reading/writing eMMC card’s MCU’s internal firmware, etc.)
- convenient information presentation for specific eMMC chips: pinouts for test points, manuals how to use test points to resurrect dead eMMC, etc.). These INFO files (*.riff info) are stored in JTAG Manager’s Documents folder and can be downloaded via generic
- eMMC Firmware Update option
- eMMC Firmware Reading option (firmware is stored in *.riffemmcfw format)
- For firmware read need to select chip from the list
- *.riffemmcfw eMMC firmware files are now used by RIFF for firmware updates (plain binary files are supported too)
- elapsed time info for eMMC firmware update stages
- eMMC Test point info displaying (info files must be downloaded from support and are located in the JTAG Manager’s ‘Documents’ folder.
CMD42 Lock/Unlock functionality for eMMC. User can set/change/remove password to protect/unprotect (lock/unlock) the User Area Partition
the User Area Partition Forced Erase to erase Locked User Area Partition and to reset Device lock/unlock state and password (CMD42’s consequences)
- Samsung Factory Erase which erases and re-formats the Samsung eMMC chips.
- Program eMMC chip memory
- Update Riff Box firmware
- Access Riff files download servers
- Access to Riff box support forums